In this article Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained we look at the human aura and then an overview of the differing colours that make up an aura. We also examine the aura colour meanings.
Aura Colors Their Meanings Explained.
The Auric Field
All living things, vegetation, animal, human etc., are surrounded by an Aura. This Aura is the energy field created by all living things.
The human Aura is made up of different coloured bands or blocks of energy (including light and sound vibrations). The aura when viewed is as an egg shape which encompasses the entire body and is commonly referred to as the subtle bodies or a psychic energy field.
The follow up post to Aura Colours Their Meanings Explained will teach you how to view your own and others auras. When viewed each of the aura colours seen reflect various aspects of the person including:
- The person’s current mood and/or physical health
- The condition of their chakras – any blockages, imbalance or aspects requiring attention.
- The overall aura inclination of the persons personality and spiritual type
Aura Base Colours
The Aura Base colours are closely associated with the chakra system being red (Muladhara Chakra), orange (Swadhisthana Chakra), yellow (Manipura Chakra), green (Anahata Chakra), blue (Vishuddha Chakra), indigo (Ajna Chakra) and violet (Sahasrara Chakra). My previous article, featured in HealthyNatured.com, “What are the 7 Chakras?” gives further information about the chakra system and subtle bodies which make up the human aura and energy fields.
It is important to note that not all of the colours of the Chakral system will be reflected in the outer layers of the Aura however with time and practice each chakra will be able to be seen and the depth of colour and vibration will relate directly to the health and well-being (or balance) of the chakral energy center.
The colours, density and combinations, of the outer layers of the aura reflect overall health and well-being, personality characteristics, spirituality and also any areas of concern. These patterns, combinations and colors will be different for each person. They are as unique as a fingerprint.
It is also important to remember that aura colours are not fixed. They represent the person at the time of viewing. While each person will tend to have a constant degree of colouration (i.e. a healer will always reflect a majority of green and blue turquoise within their aura…the subtle colours will change as they reflect the person at the moment and show emotion, health, hopes and fears.
As with any colour combinations (auras and art!) there are huge variations on the colours seen in the aura. If a colour exists it is possible to be reflected within the aura and will have significance for the current health (physical, emotional and spiritual) of that person on that day.
As well as the various colours that can be seen we also need to take into account the amount of colour in the aura, whether the colour is more intense or less intense and if it is deeper or lighter in colour.
As well as the colour wheel combinations of aura colour there can often be metallic colours which are seen within the aura spectrum, such as silver and gold as well as black, white and grey.
Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
The aura and the colours seen hold a multitude of information about one’s past, their present and the possible or predicted future. As well as providing an overview of a person’s current health we can also find out any chakra blocks or imbalance, past situations requiring clearing, areas of work for spiritual growth and ongoing enlightenment and development as well as spiritual personality type and lessons to be learnt.
An aura is noticeable in different way to those who are sensitive to them. Many psychics, clairvoyants, clairaudients, spiritual healers and empaths (read more about what is an empath) are naturally sensitive to the vibrations of each specific auric layer can visually see and intuitively sense the colours of the aura. Everyone has the ability to learn to view the aura. Overtime the techniques we explore in the next article to be able to view the general aura can be applied specifically to the individual layers and areas of the auric field allowing a greater understanding and analysis of health and well-being
It is widely accepted by most that the body emits energy (aura) and scientific technology now allows us to capture this on film. Kirlian and some other specialised camera equipment can be used to photograph and view the aura.
As you learn more about the auric field and the importance and significance of colours I recommend you wear and surround yourself (physically or using visualisation) with the colours that you feel will benefit you individually on a physical, emotional or spiritual level. As with all health and spirituality we can influence and manifest our desires and wishes by positive affirmation and seeing our desired outcomes already in our life. Adding a specific colour or colours to your visualisation, dress or environment will bring forward the traits and associations of the particular colour.
Aura Colours And Their Meanings
In this section of Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained we look at the general meaning of each base colour and then some specific shades and specific meanings of that base shade.
RED – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Red, closely associated with Muladhara or the Root/Base Chakra, is linked physically to circulation, our heart and the total of our physical body. As a highly dense colour, it attracts and/or repels. Each of the colours have both positive and negative features, yin and yang, therefore it is the shade and density which requires analysis along with the health of the associated chakra.
In a positive light, red energy is indicative of a healthy ego. In a negative light, red energy can give way to feelings or physical outbursts of anger and being unforgiving. It can also indicate anxiety or feeling nervous.
SHADES OF RED and RED-PINK
- Deep Red – shows strong will, being grounded, a sense of survival and being realistic.
- Muddy Red– Shows anger. The location of this colour indicates the nature of the anger.
- Clear Red – This color shows a person who is powerful, often very sensual and passionate. Clear Red indicates being energetic and highly competitive. This density of the clear red indicates the positive or negative nature of each trait.
- Orange Red – shows a person with confidence.
- Bright Pink – indicates a sensual and artistic person and is linked with affection, love, sensitivity and compassion. Bright vivid pink can also indicate clairaudience.
- Dark Muddy Pink – displays dishonesty and/or emotional immaturity.
ORANGE – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Orange, associated with Swadhisthana or the Sacral Chakra, is linked with our reproductive organs and emotional feelings. Overall orange is a colour of good health, vitality and excitement.
In a positive light, orange energy is highly productive and indicates a creative, sociable and courageous person. In a negative light orange can lead to us developing or having developed high levels of stress, anxiety and addiction.
SHADES OF ORANGE
- Orangy Yellow – shows intelligence and a detail oriented person who is scientific, creative, and often a perfectionist.
- Browny Orange – indicates a person with low level of ambition, maybe lazy and often indicates repressed emotions which need to be released and cleared.
YELLOW – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Yellow, associated with Manipura Chakra, is the colour linked physically with our spleen and spiritually linked to our entire life and spiritual energy. Spiritually it is the colour linked to “awakenings” and displays a person of optimism with easy-going (not to be confused with easily led or easily dominated) nature. It is also the colour of inspiration and intelligence.
SHADES OF YELLOW
- Pale Yellow – this colour is linked with psychic and spiritual awareness. It also signifies optimism, hopefulness and positivity.
- Bright Yellow – indicates a fear of losing control, fear of losing or lacking respect. Bright yellow indicates inner power struggles which may physically manifest in one’s life. It indicates a need (can be positive or negative) for control personally and in business.
- Clear Metallic Gold – The colour that signifies a spirituality activated person or one going through an inspirational spiritual or emotional awakening.
- Dark Muddy Yellow Gold – indicates fatigue and stress usually linked to learning, studying or trying to gain too much knowledge at the same time.
GREEN – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Green obviously links with Anahata or the Heart Chakra, and pertains to our heart and lungs. Green is a comfortable loving colour and as it is the colour of nature indicates levels of health and wellbeing
In a positive light Green represents our natural or current balance, our growth, ability to accept change and closely aligns with a love of people, animals and the natural world. In a negative light Green can be associated with envy, jealousy (green eyed monster) and insecurity.
SHADES OF GREEN
- Emerald Green – indicates a natural healer and deeply compassionate and loving person.
- Yellow Green – is linked with communication. Communication tends to be open and heartfelt. Yellow Green indicates a highly creative individual.
- Muddy Forest Green – this colour indicates a person struggling with jealousy. They may tend to be or play the victim. They can be insecure and tend to blame others.
- Deep Browny Green – deeper than forest shows a person highly sensitive to criticism and who lacks the ability to accept personal responsibility for issues in life.
TURQUOISE – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Turquoise is associated with both Manipura and Vishuddha (the heart and throat chakras) and is physically linked to our immune system. To have Turquoise within the aura speaks of a highly sensitive and compassionate person and is often related to being or becoming a healer or a therapist.
BLUE – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Blue, associated with the Vishuddha or Throat Chakra, relates physically to our throat and the thyroid. Blue is the colour associated with being “cool, calm and collected”. It indicates caring and the development of a caring and loving nature. It is closely associated with spiritual sensitivity and intuitive energies.
In a positive light Blue associates with peacefulness, clarity and developed intuition. In a negative light Blue can indicate fear, dishonesty and difficulty in communication.
SHADES OF BLUE
- Light Blue – indicates peacefulness and clarity. This person is intuitive and truthful.
- Royal Blue – Highly spiritual and often indicates the ability of clairvoyance. This person will be very generous and always open to new opportunities.
- Muddy Blue – indicates a fear of expression, fear of the future and fear of speaking the truth.
INDIGO – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Indigo, associated with Ajna or the third eye Chakra links physically with our pituitary gland. In the spiritual Indigo is associated with intuition, spiritual awakenings of deep feeling and the development of psychic sensitivity. Indigo represents a person who sees on a spiritual level as well as physical.
VIOLET – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Violet, associated with Sahasrara or the crown chakra, is physically linked to the pineal gland and our nervous system. Violet is the most delicate and represents the most sensitive of colouration in the auric field.
A person with violet in their aura is highly intuitive, and can be visionary both in the physical world they live and spiritually. Violet reveals developing or developed psychic ability. These people are often referred to by others as magical, deeply intuitive and highly artistic.
LAVENDER – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Lavender is associated with Ajna and Sahasrara chakras (the third eye and crown) and so is a deeply spiritual and always positive in nature. It pertains to vision, spiritual connections and creative imagination. The only aspect a person with lavender in their aura needs to be aware of is staying connected to the physical even when things are boring – lavender folk are life’s daydreamers.
SILVER – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Silver is a spiritual colour which highlights abundance. The silver in an auric field will show in the bodily area related to the abundance.
SHADES OF SILVER
- A patch of very bright intense silver indicates one of 2 things – abundance of money coming or already in possession or a significant spiritual event (usually a deeper awakening).
- Metallic TRANSCLUCENT Silver – indicates a person who is nurturing. They are also highly intuitive and the people who come up with new ideas.
- Muddy Grey – patches of muddy grey indicates a build-up of unreleased fear in the body. This can lead to blocks in the chakras and imbalance of bodily energy. This colour can indicate or lead to health problems associated with the physical bodily area where the muddy grey is located.
- Dirty Grey seen as a film or thin transparent overlay — this shows there is a blockage and imbalance of blocking of energy. If all chakras are balanced then this indicates a sceptic nature and mistrust.
GOLD – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Gold is a magnificent colour to find within the aura. It indicates a person who has “divine protection” and who is enlightened or on the way to enlightenment. The person with gold in the aura is encased in divine and universal guidance. This person is full of life and universal wisdom. They have inner peace with highly developed intuition and spirituality and are teachers, leaders and guides for others.
BLACK – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Black is probably easy to guess the meaning and is often used in folklore and literature for associations with negativity and being on the wrong path. While not always of a negative nature black is associated in history with negative events for good reason. Black is the colour that contains all colour – it is dense and is associated with capture and transformation.
Black usually indicates a person with an unforgiving nature. These people need to clear the black from the aura before serious health related problems ensue. Black is often associated to past life problems, unreleased negativity and anger and usually shows a great deal of stored emotional grief.
It is important to remember that black can be released and can be transformed. Black contains no light and when released through clearing blocks and imbalance in the aura and chakra system will release energy as the color spectrum – destroying black and providing light- and allowing for great growth and personal spiritual development.
WHITE – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
White also has significance and a base in folklore and literature. White contains no colour and all colour. It reflects any colour and energy to where it is best used and needed for our physical, emotional and spiritual well-being.
White is the universal colour of protection. Seeing dense patches of white or a white outer layer of the aura signifies a person who knows and speaks only the truth. It indicates a person of great health and purity and an individual with “angelic” qualities.
If you see flashes of bright white or sparkling dots and white sparks this means angels are with you and communicating.
Note: If there is ever a Dirty Grey White seen this colour can be indicative of possible or potential illness. This colour needs to be cleared from the aura.
Other EARTH TONES- Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
Any other colour seen that is reminiscent of colours found in the natural world and looks almost the image and shape of the natural substance i.e. soil, wood, minerals and various plants are a sign of someone attached to the earth and grounded physically. Often these colours and shapes are seen in those who work or live on the land and nature.
The only earthly shade that requires attention and clearing is if you see a dense patch of solid brown. This would indicate a person who tends to be greedy and who is often close minded and self-absorbed. If the brown is not solid and dense but appears to be a translucent film or overlay (you can see the other colours and fields below it) this indicates a person who is holding onto insecurity and stored negative energies. This needs to be cleared using chakra meditation techniques before ill-health develops.
RAINBOWS – Auras Their Meanings and Colours Explained
In some people you may see actual Rainbows (usually as a straight line rather than the arch typically thought of) which emanate from the hand or head (however can emanate from any part of the body). These rainbows indicate a highly developed and gifted spiritual energy healer.
I hope you have enjoyed this post on the meanings of aura colors. If you would like to ask questions or make comment please do so using the comment thread below. Or alternatively contact me directly by clicking here.
Love and Light